Plan of action
Following the approximate guidelines of my thesis work, I could take the following steps to build out my research:
- Secondary research—Learn & read about neo-eugenics, state of the art in 'designer babies,' ethics, reproductive justice, etc.
- Speculative design work—Create sketches and prototypes to embody some of my initial thoughts on the topic
- Subject matter expert interviews—Talk to neo-eugenicists, scientists, surrogates, fertility specialists, parents, pro-life and pro-choice activists, etc
- Co-creation workshop to further explore some aspect of the research
- Service Entrepreneurship sprint—Design 2 services based on problem statements
- Screen Design sprint—Create a storyboard for an app, design a few screens, and user test
- Social Enterprise sprint—Identify a change I want to see in the world and imagine the organization who moves us towards that reality
- Sustainability sprint—Design a physical product related to the topic that has a net-positive environmental impact
- Prospectus & Defense—Summarize the work done in a written and oral presentation
This is not binding—just an idea of how I might go about this. More soon!